- Istanbul, Turkey 2006
- Site Area: 7.4 acres | Total Building Area: 255,000 sq m.
Kanyon is designed to be a state-of-the-art live, work and play environment that caters to residents and visitors. Jerde accomplished this with a series of districts connected by an interior street, or Canyon, that traverses the site and includes a variety of courtyards and terraces. The districts include: Entertainment Sphere, Office Plaza, Garden Court, and Performance Plaza. The Office Plaza sits at the project entrance and overlooks the long expanse of the Canyon as it curves into the distance. In the foreground is the Garden Court, dominated by the strong curved face of the office tower whose bold shape reinforces the graceful flow of the Canyon and creates an iconic silhouette that will be memorable in the skyline of the city. Further to the east, at the heart of the project, the Canyon opens on to the Performance Plaza, an amphitheater carved from the base of the Sphere. This space serves as a stage for activities of all sizes, from strolling entertainers to symphonies. The curve of residential terraces above reinforces the flow of the canyon and creates unique housing opportunities and dramatic views. The pool area for the residence is located to the south behind the terraced housing. An additional recreation garden with tennis courts and other active uses is located atop the Entertainment Sphere.
- Open/Public Space
- 2007Merit Award, New Mixed-Use Retail ProjectsICSC International Design & Development Awards
- 2007Finalist, International Shopping Center of the Year AwardGlobal RLI Awards 2007
- 2007Winner, 2007 Awards of Excellence: EuropeUrban Land Institute
- 2007Commendation, New Centres MediumICSC European Shopping Centre Awards
- 2006Winner, Commercial BuildingCityscape Architectural Review Awards